Asbestos Clearance Inspections
We are licensed asbestos assessors in Australia. The Work Health and Safety (WHS) Regulations 2011 require an asbestos clearance inspection and clearance certificate to be issued for all licensed asbestos removal works. The inspection is to be carried out and a clearance certificate issued before the work area can be reoccupied.
The clearance certificate confirms that asbestos containing materials have been removed and no visual evidence of dust and debris remains. It provides assurance that an area is safe to occupy after asbestos removal has taken place. The clearance inspection may included following activities to verify the removal works have been completed satisfactorily:
- Air monitoring during removal works
- Testing of settled dust samples in a NATA accredited laboratory.
Licensed asbestos removal works requiring a clearance certificate:
- All friable removal works – clearance certificates are to be provided by an independent licensed asbestos assessor
- All non-friable (bonded) removal works – clearance certificates by an independent competent person.
So before resuming work on site, get in touch with a Hazmat Licenced Asbestos Assessor (and competent person) to carry out visual inspection of all asbestos work areas and issue a clearance certificate .
Licensed Asbestos Assessors
A Licensed Asbestos Assessor is required for air monitoring, clearance inspections or the issuing of clearance certificates for Class A (friable) asbestos removal works.
Hazmat has a number of Licensed Asbestos Assessors available, so contact us to assist to provide you with an inspection to ensure you comply with your legal obligations.
For asbestos removal works, the WHS Regulations 2011 requires:
- Removalist to be licensed (regulation 458)
- Nominated asbestos removal supervisor to be competent
- Asbestos removal worker to hold certification in relevant units of competency (regulation 460)
- Clearance inspection for non-friable (bonded) asbestos removal work to be undertaken only by competent person (regulation 473)
- Clearance certificate in relation to non-friable (bonded) asbestos removal work to be issued only by a competent person (regulation 474)
- Air monitoring during friable asbestos removal work to be undertaken only by a licensed asbestos assessor (regulation 489)
- Clearance inspection for friable asbestos removal work to be undertaken only by a licensed asbestos assessor (regulation 489)
- Clearance certificate in relation to friable asbestos removal work to be issued only by a licensed asbestos assessor (regulation 489).
- Asbestos and Hazardous Materials Surveys
- Asbestos Monitoring and Analysis (NATA Accredited)
- Asbestos Awareness Training
- Contaminated Land Management
- Dangerous Goods Consulting
- Hazardous Materials Management Plans
- Hazardous Chemicals Consulting
- Hazardous Chemical and Dangerous Goods Training
- Environmental Site Assessments
- Environmental Monitoring
- Licenced Asbestos Assessors
- Occupational Hygiene Monitoring and Assessment
- Waste Classifications
- SEPP 33 Assessments