Asbestos in Soils Specialists
With Hazmat’s background in asbestos identification, assessments, and management along with our contaminated land experience and skills, Hazmat is uniquely placed to be a market leader in asbestos in soils assessments and remediation.
The current National Environmental Protection (Assessment of Site Contamination) Measure (NEPM), Amendment 2013 references the “Guidelines for the Assessment, Remediation and Management of Asbestos-Contaminated Sites in Western Australia” May 2009 as the guideline to follow.
The assessment of Asbestos contaminated soils is largely based around the contaminated land assessment methodologies (undertaking a PSI and DSI) and also adopts a risk based strategy to its assessments but has been uniquely adapted for asbestos investigations. The sampling techniques have been specifically developed to identify the type of asbestos present:
- Asbestos-Containing Material (ACM)
- Fibrous Asbestos (FA)
- Asbestos Fines (AF)
- Naturally Occurring Asbestos (NOA)
The risks presented by each of these types of asbestos present different risks and trigger different investigation criteria. The investigation criteria also considers land use.
The resulting remedial strategy (if required) will be developed based on the investigation outcome and risk assessment.
- Asbestos and Hazardous Materials Surveys
- Asbestos Monitoring and Analysis (NATA Accredited)
- Asbestos Awareness Training
- Contaminated Land Management
- Dangerous Goods Consulting
- Hazardous Materials Management Plans
- Hazardous Chemicals Consulting
- Hazardous Chemical and Dangerous Goods Training
- Environmental Site Assessments
- Environmental Monitoring
- Licenced Asbestos Assessors
- Occupational Hygiene Monitoring and Assessment
- Waste Classifications